[RFP] Gaza & Beyond; What's the alternative? (fwd)

Arlene Plevin plevin at u.washington.edu
Mon Dec 29 09:21:50 PST 2008

List,

I forward this from Rabbi Waskow, founder of the Shalom Center in Philly,
long time worker for peace, member of Rabbis for Human Rights.

I have been one of those who've not posted any kind of message because it
felt like any support for Israel was not read in any sort of nuanced
fashion.  It has felt like if one felt Hamas was wrong, Israel's
blockage/etc. of Gaza was wrong, and that Israel had the right to defend
itself (a broad statement, not meant to be construed as the right to
injure civilians, imprision Gaza, etc.) one was a fascist. Yes, strong
word indeed, but that's how I've read the tone and content of so-called
rebuttals.

So, for me, Rabbi Waskow is an intelligent voice.  Share/read/dispute,
whatever.

A. Plevin